It is currently Sat, 18-11-17, 15:34 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue, 19-04-16, 20:20 GMT 
Site Admin

Just a nice 1920x1080 image of Earth rising over my 16k Chang'e 2 Moon landscape.

[click on image by all means and then hit the browser's fullscreen key shortcut (F11)]
Attachment:
moon_earth.jpg
moon_earth.jpg [ 343.91 KiB | Viewed 990 times ]

Enjoy,
Fridger

PS: Rendered with the latest Qt library: Qt 5.6.0 in openSuSE 13.2 Linux.

PostPosted: Tue, 19-04-16, 20:46 GMT 
Site Admin

...and here is a cozy south-american evening scene (1920x1080) with some Samba music to be heard from far away ;-) More seriously, the image wants to remind us that my good old normalmap texture tools are still pretty much up-to-date (64k "kingsize" VT).

[Click on image by all means and then hit your browser's fullscreen key-shortcut (F11)]
Attachment:
southamerican_evening.jpg
southamerican_evening.jpg [ 277.21 KiB | Viewed 986 times ]

Enjoy,
Fridger

PostPosted: Wed, 20-04-16, 10:45 GMT 

The image is showing the Bolivian-Peruvian-Chilean border (dark spot on bottom-right is Lake Titicaca), with Brazil way out of the image, so I think that instead of Samba we should listen Bolivian Morenada, Peruvian Marinera and Chilean Cueca.
My little musical cent. ;)

Goofy :D

PostPosted: Wed, 20-04-16, 13:07 GMT 
Site Admin

Goofy wrote:
The image is showing the Bolivian-Peruvian-Chilean border (dark spot on bottom-right is Lake Titicaca), with Brazil way out of the image, so I think that instead of Samba we should listen Bolivian Morenada, Peruvian Marinera and Chilean Cueca.
My little musical cent. ;)

Goofy :D

Hi Goofy,

of course, if you want to associate Samba music with its country of origin, then we should start with Angola and (today's) Congo and only then name Brasil. All of these countries are indeed invisible on my screenshot ;-) . Still due to its great popularity all over South America, one can hear Samba music frequently in many Latin american countries, all of whom did not invent it. Also there are various relations of Samba with other dances like the Saya of the Afro-Bolivians. If I correctly remember the Saya and the Samba originate from the same regions in Africa.

The distinguished role of Brasilian Samba music (and Argentinian Tango) was hard to overhear after extensively travelling and (temporaily) living in numerous countries of Latin America (a long time ago). Actually, the first time I came by train to Cuzco and lake Titicaca, starting in Arequipa. A memorable trip with the train climbing to > 5000 m of altitude. Substantial parts of the Altiplano are pretty well known to me in reality.

Fridger