It is currently Fri, 25-05-18, 10:56 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

What do you think of the CM template?
Poll ended at Sun, 11-11-07, 1:05 GMT
A crime against humanity 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Worse than the old one 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Better than the old one 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
I like it, but... 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
I love it! 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 10-11-07, 19:06 GMT 
Site Admin

ElChristou wrote:
t00fri wrote:
This is only a sensible choice for low-end (small size) monitors. It is considered "bad style" in UNIX, but let us not get into this. If YOU do it, fine... ;-)

Tx for the cynicism, but I recall you that UNIX users are far from be the majority on this planet, so it's not a valid argument to me...

I just gave you a clue on the way I use my browser but I understand if you don't care at all and only want to see your own interest... :wink:

(Cynicism war? :lol:)

First of all my response was not at all meant cynically. Second, YOU are a UNIX user, since MAC's feature a complete beautiful UNIX system. So if you do not subscribe to the UNIX philosophy, well...

F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 10-11-07, 19:13 GMT 
Site Admin

t00fri wrote:
...Second, YOU are a UNIX user, since MAC's feature a complete beautiful UNIX system. So if you do not subscribe to the UNIX philosophy, well...

F.

True, but not since so long! And in practice, Mac users are far from being UNIX power users!! (I don't know much about the UNIX policies you were referring in your previous post... :oops: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun, 11-11-07, 21:10 GMT 
Site Admin

The CM template has been updated with a lot of small fixes.
Also added a tougher Bot deflector to the registration process.

Among the fixes is more visible buttons to edit your own posts, clearer links in posts, wrapping on the "Right Now" string, no more clipping of Avatars, and some other cosmetic details.

- rthorvald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun, 11-11-07, 21:23 GMT 
Site Admin

Runar,

is the template now supposed to be improved?

I immediately notice that with several users logged in, cartrite is only partly visible, just like before.

Quote:
Right now: today - 09:20 pm. Online Members: cartrite, rthorvald, t00fri. Our newest member is cart

with >= 3 users logged in, the newest user is not visible anymore.

Also the menu in the editor window is significantly cut off. The latest entries have become invisible.

F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun, 11-11-07, 21:51 GMT 
Site Admin

t00fri wrote:
with >= 3 users logged in, the newest user is not visible anymore.

They are now.

t00fri wrote:
Also the menu in the editor window is significantly cut off. The latest entries have become invisible.

I haven´t changed the menu at all, it is a separate include file that is shared by all pages (exept for the topmost item). What is invisible?

- rthorvald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun, 11-11-07, 21:53 GMT 
Site Admin

Size (fonts) is half cut off.

F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun, 11-11-07, 21:59 GMT 
Site Admin

t00fri wrote:

Aha, well that is not new. It is because you have scaled your font size up +3. The menu now takes up a little more room since it uses sans-serif fonts. The only way to change this is to either abbreviate the button names or wrap the menu on two lines. I don´t like either. Have to think about it. Perhaps i should make the button row float on top instead...

- rthorvald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun, 11-11-07, 22:23 GMT 
Site Admin

rthorvald wrote:
t00fri wrote:

Aha, well that is not new. It is because you have scaled your font size up +3. The menu now takes up a little more room since it uses sans-serif fonts. The only way to change this is to either abbreviate the button names or wrap the menu on two lines. I don´t like either. Have to think about it. Perhaps i should make the button row float on top instead...

- rthorvald

That seems to be a rather unstable arrangement of buttons, given the large variety of resolutions and font sizes...

F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun, 11-11-07, 22:29 GMT 
Site Admin

t00fri wrote:
That seems to be a rather unstable arrangement of buttons, given the large variety of resolutions and font sizes...

Yep. That is why it is so difficult. It is a side-effect of adding the extra functions (the extra image, center and FAQ buttons).

The obvious solution is of course to wrap it into two rows, but then it takes up more room.

Right now on my test system, i have the buttonrow floating above everything else. That works of course too, but if you scale up your fonts too much, it floats on top of the right-hand menu instead of disappearing behind it... Causing the opposite problem.

Scaling the font down is not good either; it is at 11p now, which is small enough already.

Well, some solution will present itself. Right now i am testing the float-above.

- rthorvald

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8