It is currently Sun, 19-11-17, 6:44 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 12:41 GMT 
Site Admin

BobHegwood wrote:
Aw, so sad... :cry:
This is our loss, not Chris L's...

True, anyway the admins @ Shatters (Chris/Selden) seems to not care much about this kind of "details"... After the loss of some cool future/aborted models by someone you knows :wink:, it' now the turn of Fridger's high quality work... For sure they think they will be able to profit from the Celestia.Sci stuff, or someone else will do the job as no one is irreplaceable, but I guess it's not tomorrow Celestia will see again exclusive quality stuff... (Imagine, to the day the only free not that bad shuttle model is mine! Not a single young American EVER took the time to do the job; kind of odd for something that should be for sure a real pride for their nation... (-> even high quality Buran's models were done by Russian folks!))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 14:32 GMT 
Site Admin

Well friends,

we got to take things as they are. Certainly, my visions about the fate of Celestia are quite different...However, I have decided to stop complaining and to go along my own way to a large extent. Unfortunately, being all by myself at this early stage of coding etc, progress is slow, and I don't plan to spend most of my day/night in front of a computer ;-) .

Note: Celestia.Sci is ONLY a pseudonym for an ongoing Celestia-related effort of mine that has not been defined in public so far ;-)

Fridger

Post subject: Re: re
PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 18:15 GMT 

BobHegwood wrote:
t00fri wrote:
Because of an issue of principle between ChrisL and myself, I have stopped to contribute my textures to the official Celestia distribution. It was his choice. My textures will be part of my forthcoming Celestia.Sci distribution. Whenever it will be released...

Fridger

This is our loss, not Chris L's.

Fridger could just make this very nice looking map available as an add-on if he wanted to. I'd also be happy to include it in the Celestia distribution as well if Fridger were willing to allow this. He's not and that's fine. But this 'blame Chris' tone that this thread has taken on is really unjustified.

--Chris (back to coding...)

PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 18:29 GMT 
Site Admin

Hey Chris!?

chris wrote:
Fridger could just make this very nice looking map available as an add-on if he wanted to. I'd be happy to include it in the Celestia distribution...

Who doubt about this?

chris wrote:
...as well if Fridger were willing to allow this. Please, leave me out of this.

Damned, you're so right, definitively you have nothing to do with this!
Hey Fridger, bas#*rd, why don't you do such fu*#g addon after all?

(Raahh, I miss this bit of sarcasms from time to time... too bad they are allowed here, no? :lol: :wink:
anyway, just don't take it too bad... :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 18:33 GMT 
Site Admin

chris wrote:
Fridger could just make this very nice looking map available as an add-on if he wanted to. I'd also be happy to include it in the Celestia distribution as well if Fridger were willing to allow this. He's not and that's fine. But this 'blame Chris' tone that this thread has taken on is really unjustified.

Sorry, cross posting while you were editing your post...

Unjustified? You man have a very strange sense of humour I guess... :?

PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 18:57 GMT 
Site Admin

chris wrote:
BobHegwood wrote:
t00fri wrote:
Because of an issue of principle between ChrisL and myself, I have stopped to contribute my textures to the official Celestia distribution. It was his choice. My textures will be part of my forthcoming Celestia.Sci distribution. Whenever it will be released...

Fridger

This is our loss, not Chris L's.

--Chris (back to coding...)

Sorry, Chris,

I am not publishing any add-ons besides the forthcoming release of "Celestia.Sci". This does not preclude that I will be happy to share this texture privately with friends before it is officially released..

Quote:
But this 'blame Chris' tone that this thread has taken on is really unjustified.

A number of people including myself think that you are seeing some things a bit biased...

--Following main part deleted... (it's useless anyway)

Fridger

PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 21:17 GMT 
Site Admin

t00fri wrote:

I guess some PMs have been sent!
Well too bad, perso I'm still for crystal clarity in this kind of issues, specially when it's all about public stuff attached to public domain...

Anyway, I wonder if Mona would be ok to censor/ban any hypocritical/cynical behaviors which are much more injuring than some harmless (but always on spot) sarcasms... (sorry I guess this stuff is still stuck in my throat! :roll: )

PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 21:37 GMT 
Site Admin

ElChristou wrote:
t00fri wrote:

I guess some PMs have been sent!
Well too bad, perso I'm still for crystal clarity in this kind of issues, specially when it's all about public stuff attached to public domain...

Anyway, I wonder if Mona would be ok to censor/ban any hypocritical/cynical behaviors which are much more injuring than some harmless (but always on spot) sarcasms... (sorry I guess this stuff is still stuck in my throat! :roll: )

No PMs, actually ;-)

but besides my "transient" post there was also a transient one from Chris. His proposed addition to my post was just as expected, ... and I once more realized that I am tired of all this!

Fridger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 21:45 GMT 

Some disputes just don't work in some venues... unless there is any resolution possible that seems reasonably likely to occur, it just multiplies the bad feeling for no gain whatsoever...

And lord knows there's enough "toxic politics" with Celestia already without sinking Celestial Matters into the mire as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 22:38 GMT 
Site Admin

ajtribick wrote:
Some disputes just don't work in some venues... unless there is any resolution possible that seems reasonably likely to occur, it just multiplies the bad feeling for no gain whatsoever...

And lord knows there's enough "toxic politics" with Celestia already without sinking Celestial Matters into the mire as well...

Again, I am on your side. That's why I shut up above. And we don't want to carry that stuff from shatters over to CM.

Fridger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed, 16-09-09, 23:01 GMT 
Site Admin

Ok, I'll ask Mona to do some cleaning but anyway while Bob's reaction was completely justified, Chris' remark was not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu, 17-09-09, 1:12 GMT 

I am very sorry to have started another dispute here...

Please accept my apologies. I really did *not* mean to disparage anyone's efforts on Celestia.

I was not disparaging you Chris L., and I am certainly not disparaging the Good Doctor or the
modeling master El Christou.

Jeez...

Why don't you people take a happy pill and enjoy Celestia?
If it isn't any fun, then you shouldn't be doing it.

Now that, I believe, is what the Good Doctor is talking about here. :wink:

I love anyone associated with Celestia...

Honest! :roll:

Thanks, Brain-Dead

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Thu, 17-09-09, 1:34 GMT 

hi bob seeing as i started this mess .Forgetting about the old( and still going on ) dispute ....

PostPosted: Thu, 17-09-09, 12:14 GMT 

John Van Vliet wrote:
hi bob seeing as i started this mess .Forgetting about the old( and still going on ) dispute ....

Well, I obviously love you too, John... :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]