It is currently Thu, 21-06-18, 19:37 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue, 08-04-14, 13:01 GMT 

When I was checking Celestia's changelog, I found a frightening fact: up to v1.6.1, there has been exactly 1024 revisions/achieved development goals, since v1.00, for there are exactly 1024 "*"s in the changelog.

I don't know whether someone did this on purpose or not. But I almost burst into tears. The end of the project once made me very sad. :cry: After finding this fact, I got kinda sentimental...

Every one knows, 1024=2^10. That means "perfect" to a lot of people who know computers. I tend to believe someone (maybe Chris Laurel) did this in order to end the original Celestia project in a "perfect way". Besides, the changelog of v1.7.0 is the same as that in v1.6.1...

I believe in science. I hate superstition stuff. I never believe fate. But I should say, Celestia is a legend.

Will Dr. Schrempp's .Sci be another legend? Best wishes for a better cosmos.

PostPosted: Tue, 08-04-14, 16:01 GMT 
Site Admin

Celestial Phineas wrote:
But I almost burst into tears. The end of the project once made me very sad. :cry: After finding this fact, I got kinda sentimental...
But I should say, Celestia is a legend.

...yet, the CelestialMatters site is not the place to burst into tears about the end of Celestia development (of which I was also part for > 10 years!). Here we prefer thinking positive, instead...

Quote:

Many thanks for the good wishes. We continue to work hard on celestia.Sci.

Fridger

PostPosted: Tue, 15-04-14, 12:07 GMT 

t00fri wrote:
Celestial Phineas wrote:
But I almost burst into tears. The end of the project once made me very sad. :cry: After finding this fact, I got kinda sentimental...
But I should say, Celestia is a legend.

...yet, the CelestialMatters site is not the place to burst into tears about the end of Celestia development (of which I was also part for > 10 years!). Here we prefer thinking positive, instead...

Quote:

Many thanks for the good wishes. We continue to work hard on celestia.Sci.

Fridger

Sorry about my words, doctor. I didn't mean to let you down... In fact, I'm positive most of the time. And I am also quite confident about your development team.

I've always been dreaming to help. But it seems that I'm still a little too young: no degrees, no program engineering experiences, and above all, a lack of knowledge.

One year later, I'll be a university student. And excuse me for my question, doctor: Will your dev. team always be open to everybody that wants to help and is able to help?

How I wish I could join you as soon as I get a high degree!

I'll try my best to learn more and keep a positive attitude.

Still, best wishes!

P.S. I've just realized I was still a 4-year-old kid when the project started... But I'm relieved that I was alredy a computer user then. ;)