It is currently Thu, 13-12-18, 1:51 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue, 11-11-14, 4:07 GMT 

On another note:
Eagles 45 Panthers 7. :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD
Not the final score but they won. :clap:

PostPosted: Tue, 11-11-14, 11:37 GMT 

t00fri wrote:
Steve,

back from trying out your patch: R824 seems indeed to be running fine now, also under OpenSuSE 13.1 x86_64! Thanks again for your efforts.

Yet, besides clicking a few admittedly nice displays of solar system bodies and encounters, I never know what to do next with Cosmographia, given that I neither own a tablet nor a smart phone ;-) Anybody discovered visual differences between R800 and R824?

Cheers,
Fridger

The log from 824
Quote:
Debugging starts
Resource requests:
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
"http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/visual.txt" -> "http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/visual.txt"
Creating GLSL RenderContext
Vertex shader compile messages:
No errors.

No errors.

Shader program link messages:
No errors.

Creating default font...
loadTexture: ":/icons/disk.png"
Created 1 2048x2048 shadow buffer(s) for UniverseRenderer.
QWindowsGLContext::getProcAddress: Unable to resolve 'glProgramParameteri'
QWindowsGLContext::getProcAddress: Unable to resolve 'glProgramParameteriEXT'
loadTexture: "./textures/milkyway.jpg"
No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

loadTexture: "C:/Users/cartrite/Documents/cosmographia/cosmographia/data/textures/flare.png"
Resource received: "http://www.cosmographia.info/announcements/current.html"
No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

Resource received: "http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/visual.txt"
Some things still don't work.

The log from 800.
Quote:
Debugging starts
Creating GLSL RenderContext
No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

Creating default font...
loadTexture: ":/icons/disk.png"
Created 1 2048x2048 shadow buffer(s) for UniverseRenderer.
QObject::connect: Connecting from COMPAT signal (QActionGroup::selected(QAction*))
QObject::connect: Connecting from COMPAT signal (QActionGroup::selected(QAction*))
Resource requests:
"http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/visual.txt" -> "http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/visual.txt"
QGLShader::link: "No errors.
"
"
loadTexture: "./textures/milkyway.jpg"
No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

loadTexture: "C:/Users/cartrite/Documents/cosmographia/r800/cosmographia/data/textures/flare.png"
Resource received: "http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/visual.txt"
Resource received: "http://www.cosmographia.info/announcements/current.html"
No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

No errors.

"
"

:clap: 800 with qt4 looks pretty stable. 824 with qt5??????????
Got to be something simple. Finding it well????????? QT Trials and Tribulations :wall:

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 1:10 GMT 

t00fri wrote:
Hmm... there are certainly "clear demarcations" between East and Weat about which I could make some competent comments. But sorry, no idea about the strongly differing amount of Google intrusion into the East and West of Germany, respectively ;-) .

Clearly there are still some clear differences, whether stereotypical, or factual, as evidenced by these links:
Typically Ossi -- Typically Wessi
East Germany's Brands
I guess that after 25 years this is both surprising and yet, somewhat paradoxically, at the same time not at all surprising.
This interview seems to give maybe a good summary of the current state of affairs in Germany: Germany 25 Years after the Fall of the Wall | Quadriga

t00fri wrote:
The point being that these days the average Berlin tourist will not even notice during his explorative walks near the former Wall that he/she has just passed from West to East or vice versa (the past few days excepted, of course).
That's what makes the difference in Google data even more difficult to believe. I assume that Google needs permission from the respective local authorities in any area where they want to capture and/or publish data, so perhaps Berlin and Brandenburg, though reunified, are still separate districts at the administrative level, and perhaps the Brandenburg district did NOT give their permission. Who knows ... very strange though!

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 2:49 GMT 

Chuft, maybe imho, the fact that the western streets are blue while the eastern ones not, is matter of flag. The European Union flag (12 yellow stars on blue background) was adopted before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 11:53 GMT 

fenerit wrote:
Chuft, maybe imho, the fact that the western streets are blue while the eastern ones not, is matter of flag. The European Union flag (12 yellow stars on blue background) was adopted before the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Sorry Fenerit, but I think you mis-understood ... The blue lines only show up in google maps when you try to drag the little orange "street-view" man, and drop him at a location on the map (ie. This is one way of getting into street-view in Gmaps). The screen-shot I posted was taken as I was performing this drag-and-drop in order to go into street-view in an area of East Berlin, like so:
Attachment:
ducks-beak-streetview.jpg
ducks-beak-streetview.jpg [ 468.65 KiB | Viewed 1643 times ]

As you do this, the blue lines show up to indicate where street-view data is available. Note the little pop-up saying "no-data". If I was to let go of the mouse-button at this position, nothing would happen, and the "street-view man" would fly back to his starting point. If, however, I drop him onto the blue lines, then it goes to street-view at that location.

Try it yourself: https://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=Berlin,+Germany&ll=52.628452,13.307705&spn=0.022376,0.066047&t=h&cid=10212633046202962310&hnear=Berlin,+Germany&z=15&iwloc=A
Note, You might have to use the older "Classic" Google Maps to do this. The latest version is quite buggy -- has problems keeping the scaling of the street overlays and the imagery synchronized.

Anyway, I suspect the sharp difference between East and West may have something to do with the strict privacy and intellectual property laws related to photography in Germany. As I understand it, you're not allowed to publish a photo of any person (even in public places) without their explicit permission. This law differs significantly from many other places in the world where these protections generally (with some exceptions) only exist in private places, but in public you're fair game. I suspect that the papparazzi problem is not so big a problem in Germany as in the UK, USA, or Italy, where the laws about photography in public are less restrictive. 8)
Incidentally, these strict regulations, may also be the reason why, even in parts of West Berlin, many objects (a lot more it seems than in other locations) are blurred out in Street-View. Google Maps generally blurs out identifying characteristics of peoples faces, etc, in street-views, but in Germany this seems to be taken to the extreme (sometimes whole structures are blurred out).

EDIT:
An example of this is here: https://maps.google.co.nz/maps?ll=52.508032,13.377977&spn=0.000704,0.002064&cbll=52.508032,13.377721&layer=c&panoid=BWoM7-z3_0F92etbi1Fvqg&cbp=12,199.31,,0,5.3&t=h&z=20

What I didn't notice when I first encountered this view, was the line of double-bricks running across the road in the foreground. -- This of course must be the line which runs through-out Berlin showing where the wall once stood, so I guess that due to it's proximity to this line, then the structure being obscured must be one of the few remaining guard-towers. There's a few other locations as well which I've encountered in my Google-wandering throughout the streets of Berlin, where structures are censored in similar fashion.
I can only therefore revise my earlier conclusion above, and conclude that this censorship is just a Berlin thing, rather than a German wide thing, and that any remaining evidence of the old East-Germany is being purposely censored by Google in it's Berlin street-views.
What I cannot understand is why on earth would Google do such a thing? The history of the wall is hardly a secret to the world, so why would Google be pointlessly hiding the artifacts? :nono: :rool: :shock:

Ironically, a more appropriate emoticon to express my frustration and astonishment (if this is actually true), would be: :wall:

CC

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 15:34 GMT 

Oh, my! :X Alas, never mind. :wall:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7