It is currently Tue, 19-06-18, 21:55 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu, 06-11-14, 15:16 GMT 

I've also installed Qt 5.3 now.

Cosmographia WIN32 build not quite as successful as Fridger's earlier attempt in Linux, but only the 2 errors under 5.3.2:
Attachment:
Qt 5_3_errors.jpg
Qt 5_3_errors.jpg [ 145.22 KiB | Viewed 1900 times ]

PostPosted: Thu, 06-11-14, 16:35 GMT 
Site Admin

Try commenting both lines out. These errors are related to the OpenGL extension of the Wrangler library (aka libGLEW). The idea is to make a choice depending on the used version of GLEW.

Note that the sources of glew are included in the thirdparty subdir of Cosmographia. libGLEW is built as a static lib.

I got these 2 errors also under Linux and commented both out, to see where the code was going to. As it looks: The Segmentation error after startup is most probably NOT related to this GLEW issue.

Fridger

PostPosted: Thu, 06-11-14, 23:54 GMT 

t00fri wrote:
Try commenting both lines out. These errors are related to the OpenGL extension of the Wrangler library (aka libGLEW). The idea is to make a choice depending on the used version of GLEW.

Note that the sources of glew are included in the thirdparty subdir of Cosmographia. libGLEW is built as a static lib.

I got these 2 errors also under Linux and commented both out, to see where the code was going to. As it looks: The Segmentation error after startup is most probably NOT related to this GLEW issue.

Fridger
Yeah, I've already tried that approach Fridger, which allowed it to build, but then it crashed on startup:
Quote:
Starting E:\SVN\build-cosmographia-Desktop_Qt_5_3_MSVC2010_OpenGL_32bit-Release\build\Cosmographia.exe...
QObject::connect: No such signal QActionGroup::selected(QAction*)
The program has unexpectedly finished.
This is not the same as your segmentation error, and when I dbl-click on the executable itself (rather than execute within Qt) I get:
Attachment:
Qt missin DLL.jpg
Qt missin DLL.jpg [ 18 KiB | Viewed 1880 times ]
... so maybe my Qt is still not quite installed/configured correctly.
EDIT: By adding the BIN folder where Qt5Declarative.dll is located (...5.3\msvc2010_opengl\bin) to my %PATH% variable, a dbl-click on the executable now produces a BSOD with a C0000005 error (which is an access violation -- probably the windows equivalent to your segmentation error.)

The strange thing is that glBindBuffer and glUseProgram are both declared in glew.h which as far as I can see should be conditionally included in the compile (by OGLHeaders.h), so IMHO it should build without these 2 errors in the first place. However, there's probably something I've missed, because there's quite a convoluted combination of #ifdef's in several different places, which determines whether glew.h gets included. -- I'm not sure what the rules should be, but the inclusion of glew.h is apparently dependent on a number of things (including the platform). Perhaps these conditions are currently not being met by the platforms we are building on.

NOTE:
I think it's likely that ChrisL's relatively recent work on QT5 compatibility is still a work-in-progress, in which case the path of least resistance to a working executable at this point in time is probably to revert to a much earlier revision (my guess would be somewhere in the low 700's) -- prior to the Qt5 work.

CC

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 1:52 GMT 

I've been trying qt5.3.2 with the last svn version of Celestia. I built it without any problems but I can't run it by double clicking the executable. I can only run it from within the QT creator. I get a bad entry point error when trying to double click. Some symbols are not found in qt5Gui.dll.
Anyhow, either something needs to be added to the .pro file or there is something wrong with this qt5 version.
I used qt5.2.0 for some time now and never had this issue. I'll look into this to see if this is already known at the qt site.
It seems to be related to your issue CC.
cartrite

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 2:54 GMT 

It seems to fix the problem by adding the new QT5.3.2........./bin folder to the front of the system PATH variable. It was in the back of the line. Moving it to the front wasn't necessary in the past. Seems that the linker was linking the wrong dll from QT5.2.0 or 5.0.1.
Still can't download cosmographia. But now I can get the source code. It hangs when the data folder begins the download. So.........
cartrite

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 13:44 GMT 

Hmmm

svn checkout https..............

Anyhow I can get version 824 and get the same runtime error that CC got. Tried qt5.3 and 5.2.

Looks like r799 was fixing the toAscii change. r802 or r804 had some more changes. I'm trying r800. If that doesn't work I'm gonna try 798 with qt4.

Chris is writing this for a Mac, I wonder if anyone ever checked to see if it would work on windows lately. I did see some linux fixes so......

later

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 14:02 GMT 
Site Admin

cartrite wrote:
I've been trying qt5.3.2 with the last svn version of Celestia. I built it without any problems but I can't run it by double clicking the executable. I can only run it from within the QT creator.

This sounds like a familiar one. Did you remember to move the executable into the Celestia root directory? Something like

-DESTDIR = .
+DESTDIR = ../celestia
in the .pro file.

In any case the executable must be located in the SAME dir as the celestia.cfg file
Fridger

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 14:10 GMT 

Yeah

I posted after and found the fix for that. I had to have the variable for the qt5.3 bin folder in front of all other qt versions. At least the qt5 versions. I should probably get rid of qt5.0.2. But I' want to keep qt5.2.0 until I'm confident with qt5.3

I just tried to compile r800 with qt5.3 and it got a ton of qt errors. I'm gonna try r798 with qt4.
cartrite

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 14:32 GMT 

Actually, I didn't need r798. R800 builds without errors with qt4.8.4 and runs in qtcreator and without qtcreator. One thing I noticed right away is there is no manifest. So something is may be going wrong when the compiler tries to create the manifest with qt5.

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 15:24 GMT 
Site Admin

cartrite wrote:
Actually, I didn't need r798. R800 builds without errors with qt4.8.4 and runs in qtcreator and without qtcreator. One thing I noticed right away is there is no manifest. So something is may be going wrong when the compiler tries to create the manifest with qt5.

Aha! I suppose CC will be happy ;-).

Fridger

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 15:53 GMT 

t00fri wrote:
cartrite wrote:

A successful build always makes me happy. :lol:
I now have a working Cosmographia (also at release level 800 with Qt 4.8.6), so it seems that my instinct was right regarding the current status of Chris' Qt5 efforts, although I must say I expected we would have to go back much further in the revision history to get a clean working copy. Well done Cartrite for finding that revision. :clap:

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 16:01 GMT 

t00fri wrote:
cartrite wrote:

Fridger

Possible ;)

As an exercise in futility, I'm trying to track down what is going on with this new version and qt5. It looks like most of the revisions were done in r804. Something must have been left out for the windows version. Linux version too? Assuming that it works with MAC?

This 804 version is when the if statements in front of those Glew compile errors were commented out. The 800 version compiled those lines without having to change them as mentioned above but the if statements were active.

Actually, I was just able to build the qt5.2.0 version without the runtime errors CC and I got. But now it can't find the data files. :wall:
cartrite

PostPosted: Fri, 07-11-14, 23:46 GMT 

I think I may have isolated the code causing the crash CC and I seen. Lines 209, 441 and 442 from Cosmographia.cpp. There are also a few other lines dealing with these "signals". Down around 1730. I'm not sure how to make these compatible with QT5. Commenting them out still won't let the program run. So they seem to be needed.

Last edited by cartrite on Sat, 08-11-14, 1:46 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat, 08-11-14, 0:19 GMT 

This last post was the result of building in debug version. But I can't actually use the debug run key. It says no debugger was set up. I did notice that the lines responsible for the crash were shown when running normally after being built in debug mode. So there is a difference.

But what do you actually need to run the debugger?

PostPosted: Sat, 08-11-14, 0:48 GMT 

you DID use libpng 1.2 ???
right ?
and not 1.6

1.6 introduced a very strict rule on the colorspace iso used sRGB

this can cause a warning to be issued
if the compiler is set to error on warning or on a low margen this can toss a error and crash the program

this really is NOT a bug in libpng
just in older code

if 1.6 is used , you might need to strip out the iso check in any png images used
older images might trigger a iso warning

the changes in 5 are somewhat big
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Transition_f ... 4.x_to_Qt5
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/portingcppapp.html

Last edited by John Van Vliet on Sat, 08-11-14, 0:58 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next