It is currently Thu, 25-05-17, 18:14 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 16:39 GMT 

fenerit wrote:
As far as I know, not: neither in the latest 1.7 QT version. Playin like you, by making sub-folders and then enter within "celestia.cfg" some references, is either crashing Celestia or the scripts doesn't appears within the main sub-menu. The least thing you can do is making system sub-folders (everywhere, on disk at this point) and then to browse it with the menu command "Open Script.." being cautioned to search for it all the time you need a different one. But you will not see them within the "Scripts" list.

Argh ! Then this sucks !

For my students, I'm preparing a simplified version, with a dozen of scripts shown in the standard scripts menu, and my LUA plug-ins fully available (the images browser, the Kepler parameters box, HR diagram, and so on). At least, there's a LUA buttons palette with several important scripts attached to the buttons. The buttons palette is working great on the PC version I've installed.

Attachment:
palette.jpg
palette.jpg [ 50.21 KiB | Viewed 1865 times ]

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 17:34 GMT 

Good one. The looking for sub-menus is felt in these days. ;) This is my solution to print out/erase file content for the ephemerides. I could add furthermore lateral icons (with labels) in cascade, but is not the case for now.
Attachment:
e_sub_1.png
e_sub_1.png [ 24.9 KiB | Viewed 1860 times ]

Attachment:
e_sub_2.png
e_sub_2.png [ 26.43 KiB | Viewed 1860 times ]

BTW,
could you re-post here on CM your add-on page with links like on Shatters.net? Those links have been lost for me, since I was rely about them there.

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 17:52 GMT 

fenerit wrote:
could you re-post here on CM your add-on page with links like on Shatters.net? Those links have been lost for me, since I was rely about them there.

O well, sadly (very sadly, actually), all of my ressources and links are now defunct : I no longer have access to the server that I used before (from Greg), I don't know why.

I'll have to resend everything from scratch, to the Motherlode. The review process on the Motherlode is way too slow and complicated for my taste, and I have too much ressources/addons to upload.

My LUA plug-ins, that I developped several years ago with the help of Vincent in parallel of his LUA EduTools (that I never liked), is in French only. Vincent once published a final version on shatters.net which included an English/Italian/... version, but I don't have this version. Maybe it's available on the Motherlode, I didn't checked yet.

The death of shatters.net forum is trully a disaster ! :wall:

PostPosted: Wed, 12-11-14, 20:26 GMT 
Site Admin

That's a pity, indeed...

Cham wrote:
O well, sadly (very sadly, actually), all of my ressources and links are now defunct : I no longer have access to the server that I used before (from Greg), I don't know why.

Why don't you inquire by email?
Quote:
Vincent once published a final version on shatters.net which included an English/Italian/... version, but I don't have this version. Maybe it's available on the Motherlode, I didn't checked yet.

The death of shatters.net forum is trully a disaster ! :wall:

Again, I'd write an email to Vincent. After putting in some decent amount of work, I bet he has kept a copy...

Fridger

PostPosted: Thu, 13-11-14, 1:03 GMT 

t00fri wrote:
Again, I'd write an email to Vincent. After putting in some decent amount of work, I bet he has kept a copy...

Last year, I contacted Vincent (I don't remember how, but I think it was about my sprites nebulae models). He's no longer working with Celestia since a pretty long time now. I don't remember exactly what he's doing these days, but's he's very far away from Celestia and the likes.

According to what he have said to me, I don't think he'll be back to Celestia.

As for Greg's server, I'll try emailing him. Maybe I'm just experiencing some technical issue with his server, I don't know, but I suspect that all the ressources have been erased.

I still don't understand why Chris haven't resurrected the shatters.net forum, from his last backup. I emailed him a few times during the last two years, but never got any response from him.

PostPosted: Thu, 13-11-14, 8:31 GMT 
Site Admin

Cham wrote:
t00fri wrote:

Last year, I contacted Vincent (I don't remember how, but I think it was about my sprites nebulae models). He's no longer working with Celestia since a pretty long time now. I don't remember exactly what he's doing these days, but's he's very far away from Celestia and the likes.

Well his different activities do not exclude that he has kept a copy of his last version of the LUA scripts. That's what I would have done at least.

Fridger

PostPosted: Thu, 13-11-14, 10:19 GMT 

Martin,

Hopefully, you received an answer to your original question in the answers above...

As to how *I* open/create a new sub-menu, it it entirely dependent upon Celestia 1.6.1
and the Windows 8.1 environment as explained (hopefully) in the following.

1. I click the "open script" menu from Celestia as it is running.
2. I click on "Program Files(X86)>Celestia sub-menu choice.
3. Then I can right-click at this location and select the "New" option.
4. Finally, if I wish to create a new sub-menu, I can simply type in the new sub-menu name here.

Dunno if that actually answers your question above, but I hope so... :)

Take care, Brain-Dead

8.00 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System
HP Hardware