It is currently Tue, 26-09-17, 16:20 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri, 28-09-07, 14:55 GMT 
Site Admin

Andrea wrote:
ElChristou wrote:
Ok, this is not really my part, but as Linuxm@n seems to be busy, I'll inform a bit here about the avancement of the addon. Both Linuxm@n and Gilles are still working on the ssc; for now we do have a preliminary test for the extraction of the LEM under 1.4.1 with an offset of ~50,5s under 1.5; it works pretty well, and it's a pleasure to see the models in action!...

Chris, any possibility to see a small movie of the LEM extraction?
Just to have something to drem for, pleeeease... 8)

Jinuxm@n have done this one (~8,5Mo; better downloading it because perso I couldn't read it in my browser):

http://celestiasws.free.fr/Film1.mpeg

(Note the timing is still fictitious, the ambient light is too high, and the texturing won't be the final one ...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri, 28-09-07, 15:15 GMT 

ElChristou wrote:
Andrea wrote:

Jinuxm@n have done this one (~8,5Mo; better downloading it because perso I couldn't read it in my browser): (Note the timing is still fictitious, the ambient light is too high, and the texturing won't be the final one ...)

Well, it's wonderful as it is now, I can't imagine the final version. :shock:
No words! :wink:
Bye

Andrea :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 2:39 GMT 

ElChristou wrote:
Andrea wrote:
ElChristou wrote:
Ok, this is not really my part, but as Linuxm@n seems to be busy, I'll inform a bit here about the avancement of the addon. Both Linuxm@n and Gilles are still working on the ssc; for now we do have a preliminary test for the extraction of the LEM under 1.4.1 with an offset of ~50,5s under 1.5; it works pretty well, and it's a pleasure to see the models in action!...

Jinuxm@n have done this one (~8,5Mo; better downloading it because perso I couldn't read it in my browser):

http://celestiasws.free.fr/Film1.mpeg

(Note the timing is still fictitious, the ambient light is too high, and the texturing won't be the final one ...)

I've download the video, and this is the result on Mediaplayer Classic with the all codecs downloaded here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/essentials-codec-pack.html

and with WM player I obtain nothing too. What codec do you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 9:41 GMT 

fenerit wrote:
..... What codec do you use?

Fenerit, I had same problems, but now all is going well, using the cross-platform freeware VLC Videolan Media Player 0.8.6c, that you can find here
http://www.videolan.org/
It's small, 9 Mb, but reads almost everything. :wink:
Enjoy!
Bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 10:31 GMT 
Site Admin

Same thing here, I had to use VLC... I have no idea what codec use Linuxm@an... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 10:49 GMT 

Fenerit, if you want, try XP Codec Pack 2.2.0, IMHO it can solve the problem, and moreover it's freeware. :wink:
You can find it here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm
Bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 11:06 GMT 
Site Admin

Andrea, one of the big missing detail is the LEM top hatch; if I'm not wrong we have almost nothing about it, and now that the attention goes to the docking CSM/LEM it's a bit annoying to have one nicely detailled and not the other... :x
When you get the time, could you do a review of what we have in case I miss something? (I don't think so, but...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 12:43 GMT 

Andrea wrote:
Fenerit, if you want, try XP Codec Pack 2.2.0, IMHO it can solve the problem, and moreover it's freeware. :wink:
You can find it here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm
Bye

Thanks Andrea for the link. I've installed it and MPC doesn't not work again. Just VLC works (not so small indeed, with 32Mb on disk :wink:). Nevertheless, it's astounding. I can't wait to see the complexity of the relevant .SSC. For curiosity (do not beat me): is leaved to the .CELX the control of camera's flyby around the scene, or have you planned an unique prospective's path?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 12:55 GMT 
Site Admin

fenerit wrote:
...For curiosity (do not beat me): is leaved to the .CELX the control of camera's flyby around the scene, or have you planned an unique prospective's path?

This is not yet defined... But I suppose the camera will follow the action from a distance, then the user will be free to zoom and rotate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 13:09 GMT 

ElChristou wrote:
fenerit wrote:
...For curiosity (do not beat me): is leaved to the .CELX the control of camera's flyby around the scene, or have you planned an unique prospective's path?

This is not yet defined... But I suppose the camera will follow the action from a distance, then the user will be free to zoom and rotate?

Simple is the best, obviously. But after having seen the Marsflug CELX with the spline... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 13:57 GMT 
Site Admin

fenerit wrote:
Simple is the best, obviously. But after having seen the Marsflug CELX with the spline... :wink:

It would be gorgeous to have such a spline trajectory, but unfortunatly only a few are able to do such spline and I doubt they will be interested in the topic...
Now in just in case :wink: ... if someone is able to write the camera movement, YOU ARE WELCOME! :D
(and BTW, if one is able to play with rotation within refererence frames, you are also greatly welcome!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 14:05 GMT 
Site Admin

ElChristou wrote:
fenerit wrote:

It would be gorgeous to have such a spline trajectory, but unfortunatly only a few are able to do such spline and I doubt they will be interested in the topic...
Now in just in case :wink: ... if someone is able to write the camera movement, YOU ARE WELCOME! :D
(and BTW, if one is able to play with rotation within refererence frames, you are also greatly welcome!!)

What's supposed to be so complicated about splines? You find the simple formulae and the special properties of splines in many places. This can easily be learned.

Bye Fridger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat, 29-09-07, 15:30 GMT 
Site Admin

t00fri wrote:
...What's supposed to be so complicated about splines? You find the simple formulae and the special properties of splines in many places. This can easily be learned.

Well one must first define several points all around the models by which must pass the spline, define a couple of more points to define the speed during the travelling, then also define for each point where is targeting the camera. All this relative to one (or more) model to follow it during his own trajectory. Pure maths... unfortunately in my case, that's not really my cup of tea! :oops:
(I have done this kind of stuff in 3D softs, but in this case you are in front of some graphic elements to help you visualize what you are doing. In Celestia you must know the math first but also you must be able to visualize all the stuff to "code" it before seeing something... quite hard indeed...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon, 01-10-07, 15:12 GMT 
Site Admin

Andrea, some other details it would be cool to dig out; in red circles what seems to be a stabilization system for the panels and in green I have no idea... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon, 01-10-07, 18:45 GMT 

ElChristou wrote:
Andrea, some other details it would be cool to dig out; in red circles what seems to be a stabilization system for the panels and in green I have no idea... :?

Chris, you will kill me. :wink:
First, I don't think that there was the need for a stabilization system, if any would have been much bigger, provided it should work IN the atmosphere only, obviously, not in space.
In this drawing it looks like the parts signed by you in red are the electrical disconnecting connectors, look here:

but regarding the red ones...???
From this document
http://www.adboo.com/cmnr/spacecraftlmadapter.htm
lookat its image:

where you see the guys painting the panel interior, that is not evidently complete, but is missing any detail in the smaller side close to the upper guys. So I dug some more, and here the results:
this is a hi-res image, that you can see in full dims here
http://ftp.tiscali.it/andrea_celestia/AS7-3-1541HR.jpg :

Here two details:

Image Image

From this other image, that you can see here in full dims
http://ftp.tiscali.it/andrea_celestia/AS7-3-1537.jpg

I took this detail:

As you see the instruments (?) are different in the various panels.
I think that all the colour images here, being from Apollo 7 test flight, probably show something that was not on the Apollo 11 and following missions, perhaps some telemetry system or, giving a closer look, perhaps some kind of mini-engine to propel the panels far away (I feel to see a kind of nozzles there), later discontinued in favour of the pyrotechnic system, or some kind of TV cameras, but I'm very doubtful, and would suggest you to omit these particulars.
Moreover I fear that the images we already have, are the only SLA panels interiors available on the web. :cry:
Hope this helps, anyhow. ;-)
Bye

Last edited by Andrea on Mon, 01-10-07, 18:55 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next