http://forum.celestialmatters.org/

ISS Model - Aborted
http://forum.celestialmatters.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=290
Page 5 of 10

Author:  ElChristou [ Sun, 08-02-09, 18:06 GMT ]
Post subject: 

I think pirs and progress are over; since I'm on the russian parts, I'll go for Zvezda now. The model from Nasa seems to not really match the shots from orbits so a new model from scratch is needed. I have a few shots and docs to begin with, so for now you can have a deserved rest! ;)

Author:  Andrea [ Sun, 08-02-09, 18:41 GMT ]
Post subject: 

We have already seen this one, but when lying on a table.
Now here it's on the job: during STS-96 Mission, an astronaut is going to install the first part of the crane on PIRS:

Image

As you told, Christophe, we should start searching for images and documents a lot of time BEFORE starting modelling stage.
Bye

Andrea :D

Author:  Andrea [ Sun, 08-02-09, 20:15 GMT ]
Post subject: 

And this one shows the final mounting of the telescopic PIRS crane:

Image

To be noted that I found it searching for Zvezda, not for PIRS or its cranes. :shock:
Oh well!
Bye

Andrea :D

Author:  ElChristou [ Mon, 09-02-09, 11:47 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Stop pirs; the second image here is interesting for Zvezda. If you find any other shots showing details of the front and rear part of Zvezda, please tell me. I'm looking for the front docking system, because it's not the same as the one below Zarya even if it's the same Soyuz like mechanism...
For the rear part, it's a quite complex structure and so far I haven't seen any good doc...

Author:  Andrea [ Mon, 09-02-09, 18:25 GMT ]
Post subject: 

ElChristou wrote:
If you find any other shots showing details of the front and rear part of Zvezda, please tell me. I'm looking for the front docking system, because it's not the same as the one below Zarya even if it's the same Soyuz like mechanism...For the rear part, it's a quite complex structure and so far I haven't seen any good doc...

Hummm, I suppose these may be of some help. 8)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I have many more images taken during Zvezda assemblage, most of them of front.
If you can use these images or the other ones, the originals are ALL way bigger, so I need an address where to upload them, sorry, mine is full.
Regarding the shown drawing, I have too four Zvezda's side drawings at 90° intervals, and I have Zarya's same four side drawings too. :wink:
Bye

Andrea :D

Author:  ElChristou [ Mon, 09-02-09, 19:07 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Cool docs! Keep the Zarya drawing for later; do you have an high res of your pict n°3?

Author:  ElChristou [ Mon, 09-02-09, 19:10 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Also, I see that some painting (for sure the name in Russian) are on both (if I'm not wrong) sides of the last section before rear. If you see somewhere this detail, you know what to do! ;)

Author:  Andrea [ Mon, 09-02-09, 19:55 GMT ]
Post subject: 

ElChristou wrote:
Cool docs! Keep the Zarya drawing for later; do you have an high res of your pict n°3?

I have the hi-res, but the image I showed here is a detail of the original, that covers a wider section of ISS, including Zvezda and Zarya solar panels, sorry.

Regarding markings, as you can see here the other side of Zvezda doesn't show the name as on the other side, moreover this image shows the almost completed module, including the covering (BTW, it looks like a kind of tissue, have you any information on this? Just curious):

Image

Here are the drawings showing the four sides of Zvezda, I'm sure they will be useful for angles, proportions and dimensions: :wink:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Going to search for markings, gimme some time, because I already gave a look at the many images I have collected up to now, and I see almost nothing.
Bye

Andrea :D

Author:  ElChristou [ Mon, 09-02-09, 20:11 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Andrea wrote:
Regarding markings, as you can see here the other side of Zvezda doesn't show the name as on the other side, moreover this image shows the almost completed module, including the covering (BTW, it looks like a kind of tissue, have you any information on this? Just curious):...


Nope this shot is misleading; first you cannot find this brown color in shots from orbit; I guess it's the color of the structure below the final covering. Same for the white tissue like covering, must be a temporal protection...

Author:  Andrea [ Mon, 09-02-09, 23:26 GMT ]
Post subject: 

ElChristou wrote:
Nope this shot is misleading; first you cannot find this brown color in shots from orbit; I guess it's the color of the structure below the final covering. Same for the white tissue like covering, must be a temporal protection...

Christophe, I was not speaking of the brown section, but of the whitish one.
And regarding the white tissue, no, it's gone in orbit, as you can see in the following images, two of PIRS and one of Zvezda in orbit.
All are details of larger images, enhanced to better show tissue details:

Image

Image

Image

In the first image and in its enlarment in the second one, you can clearly see the stitching, following the contour of the items on the surface, as around the round plate and the handrail attachment. :wink:
I'll search confirm of this, but I'm almost sure it's a kind of tissue (plastic?) with particular insulating capabilities, that Russians used all over their spacecrafts.
BTW, the dark horizontal line is an artifact present in the original image, that was this (but at very higher resoltution):

Image

Stay tuned.
Bye

Andrea :D

ADDED LATER: after a short search here
http://www.braeunig.us/space/specs/soyuz.htm
I found this:

Thermal protection: Soyuz-TM's exterior, apart from the SM radiators, is protected by green thermal blanketing; the DM carries eight blankets held by apex + base rings released when the other modules separates

Author:  ElChristou [ Tue, 10-02-09, 18:20 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Andrea, don't bother with such detail, we will never render the tissue like at modelling level. Later for texturing, I'll use something similar as the soyuz.

Zvezda is going on pretty well, specially with a touch of normal map... :wink:

Image

Author:  Andrea [ Tue, 10-02-09, 18:49 GMT ]
Post subject: 

ElChristou wrote:
Andrea, don't bother with such detail, we will never render the tissue like at modelling level. Later for texturing, I'll use something similar as the soyuz.Zvezda is going on pretty well, specially with a touch of normal map... :wink:

Christophe, obviously I was not showing this for a practical modelling use :lol: , but just as a curiosity, that I had from the first sight of your very detailed Soyuz, where I found something unclear, regarding its surface.
Now the doubt is solved, so let's go on.
The Zvezda looks very good, normalmaps are doing a good job, IMO, so tell me if you need more images or details.
Bye soon.

Andrea :D

Author:  ElChristou [ Wed, 11-02-09, 12:24 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Andrea wrote:
...so tell me if you need more images or details.


I think I'll be ok for Zvezda and Zarya. In fact I think the Russian part is very well covered!

Perhaps true shots of the ATV would help for later works; I find lot's of CG images, but these are not me favorites (you know why)...

Author:  Andrea [ Wed, 11-02-09, 15:17 GMT ]
Post subject: 

ElChristou wrote:
I think I'll be ok for Zvezda and Zarya. In fact I think the Russian part is very well covered! Perhaps true shots of the ATV would help for later works; I find lot's of CG images, but these are not me favorites (you know why)...

Sorry Christophe, I'm missing CG images meaning, could you explain, please? :?
And regarding Jules Verne ATV, I think you should download and look at these hi-res movies:

ADDED LATER: well, it looks like at ESA they have strange addressing systems, so none of the before given addresses is working (but I copied-pasted what shown in the addresses window).
Sorry but you should go at the new following addresses:


A new generation space vehicle

http://a1862.g.akamai.net/7/1862/14448/ ... mphigh.wmv

ATV the next step

http://a1862.g.akamai.net/7/1862/14448/ ... mphigh.wmv

The European elements of the International Space Station

http://a1862.g.akamai.net/7/1862/14448/ ... mphigh.wmv

ESA exhibition videoclip - The 'Jules Verne' Automated Transfer Vehicle

http://a1862.g.akamai.net/7/1862/14448/ ... mphigh.wmv

Europe’s first resupply and reboost vehicle, ATV Jules Verne, docks to the ISS

http://a1862.g.akamai.net/7/1862/14448/ ... p_high.wmv

ATV: a very special delivery

http://a1862.g.akamai.net/7/1862/14448/ ... NGLISH.mov

ATV: Rendezvous in space

http://a1862.g.akamai.net/7/1862/14448/ ... mphigh.wmv

ESA's web master should smoke lighter tobacco or what else he smpkes, IMHO! :twisted:
BTW, I tested the new links, they are OK.
Bye

Andrea :D

Author:  Andrea [ Wed, 11-02-09, 16:26 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Christophe, I have some .pdf docs regarding ATV, but they are big, so we have the usual problem of where to upload them. :(
Any solution?
These images (taken with screen capture soft) show what they contain:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Bye

Andrea :D

Page 5 of 10 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/