It is currently Thu, 21-09-17, 5:09 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri, 07-10-11, 16:10 GMT 
Site Admin

With the beginning of 2011 the "Fossies" software archive offers a new service: Doxygen generated source code documentation for most of the provided freeware/shareware open source software packages.

It includes also an extensive, clickable Doxygen documentation of the latest official Celestia 1.6.1 source code! This may be of particular interest for people planning to implement their own custom code/features or simply to understand more of the Celestia code.

Here is the link.

http://fossies.org/dox/celestia-1.6.1/index.html

If you have never used the ingenious Doxygen software, you will be surprised about all the implemented graphical diagrams that reveal at a click the complex intertwined dependencies of Celestia's C++ code (classes, methods etc). Just play with this great reference for a while and you will understand CELESTIA for the first time ;-)

A long time ago (Jan 2006), I made the first Doxygen docu of Celestia (then version 1.4.1 ( ;-) ) and presented it at the shatters.net forum. Currently, I use a personal Doxygen docu for my Celestia.Sci code under development. It includes more features compared to the link above. However, on the WEB, this more extensive style will presumably be too slow.

Doxygen meanwhile runs not only on Linux and MacOS (where it was developed) but also on Windows and other UNIXes. Furthermore, there is a great wizard GUI = doxywizard which makes the use of Doxygen a snap! Under Linux, one should also install the graphviz package, to enable the great graphical visualization of dependencies.

Enjoy,
Fridger