It is currently Mon, 20-05-19, 19:43 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue, 19-02-19, 12:53 GMT 
Site Admin

Does anyone from the "old" Celestia community happen to remember, where ChrisL introduced the cyclic display screen in the code?

Example: Center Earth. While pushing "mouse-left" on Earth's center, continue moving the cursor to the right. First the Earth vanishes on the right side of the screen and thereafter reappears again on the left side. Analogously with vertical movement.

This map has certainly advantages, but I think it also has disadvantages. Notably, at large distance scales and with a host of overlapping large-sized orbits. Specifically, in the trans-plutonian regime where much more attention goes now as compared to 10 years ago, say.

Therefore, in celestia.Sci, I plan to associate a on|off button with this feature ...

Thanks & cheers,
Fridger

PostPosted: Tue, 19-02-19, 16:50 GMT 

i think it is in the old gtk or glut code ( might even be in the ancient qt3 code )

since i stripped out all of that old stuff i just have the normal 360 rotation in my qt5 only build

PostPosted: Tue, 19-02-19, 19:24 GMT 
Site Admin

John Van Vliet wrote:
i think it is in the old gtk or glut code ( might even be in the ancient qt3 code )

since i stripped out all of that old stuff i just have the normal 360 rotation in my qt5 only build

This stuff is also gone in celestia.Sci, of course. Actually, with grid-overlay I also confirm a 360 degree rotation :lol: . So I was presumably misled in the Kuiper regime by the nontransparent orbits with partially large angular sizes ...

Thanks,
Fridger